July 24, 2007

Last week was not my best week of training. I picked up a virus and I felt pretty ragged most of the week. I missed 4 days of training. I was supposed to run 3 miles on Saturday. Instead, I ran a pathetic 1.8 and felt lucky to have accomplished that much! Last night I ran 2 miles and felt a little stronger, but still on the wimpy side. Throughout the weekend I could feel my anxiety build...I am getting behind...I am losing ground...etc. I am trying to remember that this is life. You have to be flexible! When things go wrong or you have a bad day (or week!) it is important to remind yourself that good days usually follow the bad. I am going to stay focused, stay motivated, and hang in there. Tonight is cross-training. I am going to do an aerobic program geared toward core strength. Oh boy, I can't wait!

No comments: