August 17, 2007

Change of Scenery... Same Pace

I was in Galveston for a couple of days last weekend, and had a great run on the sea wall! I am really glad I made that trip last week... I think it might not be running weather down there this weekend. It was really nice to be able to run in some new scenery, even though the waves were a little low. I have heard there are benefits to actually running on the sand, but since I am still counting completion as a success, I decided not to push it. I am looking forward to my longest run yet this weekend... 8 miles! It will definitely be a challenge, but I am excited for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon this Half Marathon : Miracle Match Half Marathon. After viewing the result stats from last year for my age group (Hey, with a little more training I can come in 1st place), I am definitely going to do this race as I am sucker for a trophy.
Of course, I hope sw marrow donor program make alot of money from this race, but I just hope they're all really slow runners. hee hee.
Anyway, if anyone from Waco reads this, please share your comments on this race, and let me know what "groovy things" I can do while in Waco, TX