October 01, 2007

Keep on Keeping on

I'd forgotten what it was like to run when the weather is a little cooler. I went for a 5 miler on Saturday morning at 7 am and it was way cooler than when I've been running at noon. Did I mention I'm not a morning person... I enjoyed the weather and also enjoyed watching my neighborhood wake up. Every time I went around my one mile block, there were more lights on in the homes and more and more people began coming out to run to walk. By the time I finished, I was rejuvenated, awake and ready to go to the UT game in Austin...but that's another story altogether. Did I mention they LOST!

I recruited a friend to run with me on Sunday for my long run. We ran 10 miles in the heat of the day. It was hot and windy but we managed to stay on course. We should have run 2 more but my blisters were bothering me and I really need to get those things healed before the marathon. Only one more long run for me before the marathon, maybe a 15 miler and that should do it.

Happy training and I'll see ya at the finish line

No comments: