September 05, 2007

Scenic Runs for the Race

Well it's been awhile since my last comments but like many of you I just came back from vacation and yes I did run. Like most everyone the change of scenery gave me a boost in my training. Unfortunately where my sister lives in South Carolina is very hilly and the run was painful on the uphill climb and a little scary on the downhill side. You don't realize just how steep the hill is until you start down and then it's too late to change your mind and walk because the momentum has driven you past your normal pace and to try and stop is as dangerous as finishing the downhill run because the bottom of the hill is coming quickly and you need the momentum to get up the next hill. Yes I was sore for a few days but to my surprise the total distance was in excess of 6 miles. What surprised me was I have not run this far yet on flat roads and I was not in that bad shape at the end of the run. Well to all keep up the effort and see you in October

No comments: