July 09, 2007

Things I've learned while training for Marathons - When and where to put the vaseline...running in the rain makes blisters...never ever go on a long run in new shoes...where you can get water while on a country road...move over for cars - they are bigger than you...don't forget your sweatband because sweat in the eyes burns...watching your neighborhood wake up is pretty cool...training with a friend is far better than training alone...the .2 part of the 26.2 marathon distance is the hardest...you can make wonderful friends and solve lots of problems while running...crossing the finish line is awesome!

Those are just a few of the things I've learned while training for the 10 marathons that I have run. I haven't actually started my training for the Miracle Match Marathon yet but I do run an average of 4 mile a day and have been for the past 25 years. I will begin my training in earnest around September 1.

Good Luck to you all with your training. If I can do it, anyone can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'll see you in Waco in October!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I guess a sense of humor is a neccessary tool for training too! Good luck!